$2.5 million in grants will be awarded through Project Innovation to non-profits solving everyday problems using innovative solutions. Project Innovation is funded by the NBCUniversal Foundation in partnership with NBC, and Telemundo Owned Television Stations. Project innovation will award grants in four categories for 11 cities/regions: Culture of Inclusion, Youth Education, Next Generation Story Tellers, and Community Engagement; Bay Area, Boston, Chicago, Connecticut, Dallas-Fort Worth, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, South Florida, Southern California, and Washington DC. Applications are open January 11 – February 15, 2019. Awards will be announced in April 2019.
Are you eligible?
- Organization must be a tax exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Fiscally sponsored organizations are eligible.
- The 501(c)(3) non-profit organization must have an annual operating budget of more than $100,000 (defined by the organization’s most recent 990).
- The program being submitted by the organization must have been in existence and in operation for at least one year.
- Organization must not have received funding (through donations or otherwise) from Comcast NBCUniversal or an NBC and Telemundo owned television station in an amount equal to or exceeding $10,000 per year during each of the past three (3) years.
- Project Innovation will only award one grant per Tax ID number, across all eleven markets. If your organization shares a Tax ID number, please coordinate internally as only one application across all markets will be accepted for consideration as a finalist for a grant.
- The following organizations are not eligible to apply:
- Labor Organizations, Causes or Programs
- Political Organizations, Causes or Programs
- Religious Organizations, Causes or Programs
- Schools, Educational Institutions and their affiliated fundraising entities and foundations (including elementary, secondary and universities).
Fiscally sponsored schools are not eligible.
Organization must self-identify the program they are applying to receive the grant in in one of the four focus areas:
- Culture of Inclusion – Programs that seek to build pathways for diverse and equitable communities.
- Youth Education – Programs that equip youth with the tools they need to succeed, including STEM/ STEAM education.
- Next Generation Storytellers – Programs that empower the next generation of storytellers and utilize media to drive social impact.
- Community Engagement – Programs that enable individuals to engage and volunteer in their communities.
Application Instructions: Interested organizations can submit an online application by visiting NBCUProjectInnovation.com or going directly to their local NBC and Telemundo owned station’s website.
Deadlines: Applications open January 11, 2019 and close on February 15, 2019. Project Innovation 2019 winners will be announced in April 2019.