The Role for Industry Employers in Creating High Impact Out of School STEM Programs
This virtual event explored the out-of-school time STEM learning landscape and featured speakers from leading funders and program implementers.
The webinar was to addressed the opportunities out of school programs provide for employers to support STEM learning including:
- Flexibility - the nature of most out-of-school time programming enables students to pursue interests with fewer restrictions on time and curriculum.
- Access - Employers often face fewer barriers for employee engagement with out-of-school programs than engaging with schools and districts directly.
- Impact - Out-of-school programs can be incredibly impactful in advancing skills that drive success for the most vulnerable students.
Featured speakers included:
- Teresa Drew, Deputy Director, STEM Next Opportunity Fund
- Heather Gunsallus, Vice President, STEM Education, Museum of Science
- Robert Simmons, EdD, Head of Social Impact, Micron Gives/Foundation
- Moderator: Ted Wells, VP, STEMconnector