Business Development Associate
About the Position:
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, and intellectually curious individual to join our team as a Business Development Associate. In this role, you will work with a Director, Business Development in generating sales leads by researching potential clients, forming a hypothesis of how STEMconnector products align to their key STEM and Diversity priorities in order to jumpstart the sales conversation. You will also partner with the Director, Business Development throughout the entire sales cycle and work together in meeting sales goals while contributing to the overall growth of the firm. This position provides an excellent opportunity to interact with senior level executives across corporate, government, NGO, and higher education.
- Prospect potential STEMconnector members with an eye towards their STEM, diversity, and/ or mentoring initiatives
- Hypothesize which STEMconnector products are most relevant
- Recruit prospects to webinars, roundtable discussions, and events
- Sell the vision of STEMconnector to secure sales conversation for a more in-depth pitch
- Support every stage along the sales pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree (any discipline)
- Relevant work or internship experience in business, sales, or account management
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- CRM database knowledge (such as Salesforce.com) is an advantage, but not required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confidence in interacting with senior level executives
- Goal and action orientated with the ability to work against goals, targets, and performance metrics
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Paid time off
- 401(k) (with possible employee matching)
- Healthcare, dental, and vision benefits
- Training — You will receive comprehensive training on skills vital for success as a professional in any business-related field, including but not limited to: territory management, prospecting, cold calling, and managing an end-to-end sales process.
- Networking — Our events are heavily attended by leading industry executives.
- Exposure — Our clients and prospects consist of Heads of Talent Acquisition, Chief Diversity Officers, CIOs and CTOs at leading corporations as well as Presidents of 2 and 4 year universities and NGO Executives.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Dan.Solley@STEMconnector.com